I did not get much work done this last weekend in May, I was pretty tired after having done the SC boat show and on Saturday I helped Dennis lift his boat up another meter off the ground in order to get the rudders into
In order to sand the steps and get a second coat of paint on I had to bake the steps. Dennis gave me the idea and it worked a treat. I made a temporary oven by leaning 3 sheets of play to form 2 walls and a roof and
During the week I sanded back the layer of high build with 120 grit paper and filled a lot of pin holes that the highbuild shows up in the bog layer and gave it another coat of highbuild. I used car bog which is a 2
I got another couple of evenings work on the lid. I am still in doubt to have it finished (including spraying it with top coat gloss white) by next Monday but I am gonna give it a good try. I sanded the back filled
After another 6 hours of sanding then re-bogging, sanding and re-bogging over the 4 weeknights this past week I think I have the steps fair. By wrapping a flexible batten around the step fronts I could see the hollows.
I have spent the last weekend fairing the steps. So far I have applied 3 separate layers of bog and sanded them off again. Each time fixing an area of unfairness or filling holes. The first layer of bog was applied
After 2 months now I think I can safely say the rear steps will be finished this month. I may not get them glued into the boat because of work I need to do inside the wells that would be much easier to do before I glue