First up today I cut out the last of the bulkheads and then I glued the last of the 19mm panels (the bridgedeck) well all except 4 which I will do tomorrow, leaving only the 13mm outside furniture panels still to be glued. We will glue those when we need to start fitting the furniture. I should probably glue them now while I have the room but I am a bit impatient to get the shape of a boat happening as soon as I can. There will still be room between the hulls when they are joined to glue panels together. I only worked on the boat for about 3 hours today and I spent about half an hour trying to work out what was going on with the bridgedeck.

Setting out the bridgedeck for gluing was a little tricky, as the panels didn’t seem to make the correct shapes that the plan indicated they would. I realised after some head scratching that the panels were stacked on the pallet out of order, so I rearranged them and they now make the panels they should. I shouldn’t blame ATL, perhaps I took them off the pallet in the wrong order…. although I can’t see how, but if this is the biggest problem I face I will be well pleased! The lesson today was that the plans help amateurs like me sort out small issues such as that and not to panic.

You May Also Like

Paul