I have removed the peel ply from the forebeam and I am very happy with the finish. I know it still needs fairing but it already looks great. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me today so I had to use my mobile phone camera which does not take high quality pictures, but you can still see the now nice curve to the beam and still just see the planks under the glass. The layers of glass have softened the hard edges that the planks still had so that the beam has a much smoother and rounder look. The cross beam uni around the U bolts has left a slight ridge that will need to be faired out with bog but otherwise the beam looks like it wont need much work to fair it. (Perhaps I shouldn’t tempt the fairing gods with such talk!)

forebeam glassedforebeam glassed 2

I got a very nice surprise when I got to the shed today, Paul (my friend that does airbrushing) had airbrushed my dingy. I have been hinting at this for a while now. Just take a look at how the dingy looks now! Again the camera phone pics don’t do the finish justice, and furthermore, the air brush paint finish is matt and needs a few coats of clear to protect it and this will really bring out the color and sharpen the image up even further. I couldn’t be happier with the way the dingy has turned out.

dingy airbrushed 1dingy airbrushed 2

This weekend I intend to finish the dingy so that I can get it on the water. I will also get a start on the fairing of the beam.

You May Also Like

Paul