I have almost completed the chine sanding. I still have about a meter on both sides of the hull at the stern to do and about 3 meters of the keel at the bow, and I also have to fill some holes here and there, mostly on
I have sanded the filled chine turns on about half the hull. I have done most of the inboard side and the bow section of the outboard side, but haven’t done the keel, so about half the hull. The keel filled
I have been at a seminar all weekend but I managed to finish the port hull preparation for glassing on Friday. There is still a long way to go with the hull after glassing such as bogging and fairing but that is next.
I spent nearly a whole day on the boat today and I also had some help from Lauren and we did the coving (some people call it filleting) on the outside hull at the chamfer panel (and a small amount of the inside hull
I spent a few hours yesterday and again only a few hours today sanding the touch ups and hole fills back down and generally cleaning up the hull ready for glassing. I have found that my idea to remove the peel ply at
Jo and I spent 3 lovely weeks travelling to the UK and Hong Kong on business, well we had a 4 day trade fair in Birmingham and 2 days visiting with a supplier in Guangzhou China, the rest of the time was sight seeing.
I have now sanded all of the filler filled joins except for some unfilled holes here and there, and attempted to sand the join down the middle of the keel. This was a little harder to do because most of the fill was
I started sanding the filled hull joins today. I found the going slow and hard with the orbital sander. I had applied way too much filler and only had to remove it all again. In the end I used a 80 grit sanding disk on